Skilled Nursing Care and Rehabilitation Services
Our Professional and Interdisciplinary Skilled Care Team has the knowledge and skill to work with a wide spectrum of diagnoses including but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal injuries and/or surgeries (joint replacements, fractures)
- Neurologic diseases (stroke, Parkinson’s disease, Guillain-Barre Syndrome)
- Cardiac and respiratory problems such as heart attack, heart surgeries, pneumonia and others
- Non-healing wounds
- Intravenous antibiotic therapy
Skilled Care Patient Benefits:
- We can’t promise private rooms but will do our best to provide the care you require.
- Physical and Occupational Therapy are provided 6 days per week. Speech Therapy services are also available.
- Occupational therapists often visit the patient’s home prior to their discharge from the Skilled Care unit where they perform a functional assessment of any modifications or adaptations needed for safety and functionality at home.
- We can provide transportation to and from medical appointments in our service area
- Lab, Radiology and Emergency Room Services on site
- Physicians and Registered Nurses on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Most Registered Nurses are certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Patients benefit from an excellent nurse/patient ratio
- On site pharmacy and our pharmacist reviews all patient medications
- Our pharmacist and nurses are available for medication education
- Certified Wound Care Nurse to assist in the healing process
- Endocrinologist and a Diabetic Educator are on staff to educate patients on diabetes self-management and control
- Activities are provided to encourage socialization or to allow pursuit of patient’s own leisure activities
- We focus on a short-term accelerated program based on the individual clinical needs of the patient
- Our average skilled length of stay is two weeks
- Weekly care conferences…families encouraged to attend by phone or video meeting
- The interdisciplinary team meets each week as needed
- We strive to educate…Disease management education provided to patients and families throughout the Skilled stay
- Home safety evaluations can be provided prior to discharge
- Individual laundry services are offered free of charge
- Patients’ diets are reviewed by a Registered Dietitian
- Our reputation for quality is recognized and therefore physicians recommend our services for the healing process
- We are dedicated to providing high quality care in an environment that promotes respectful and personalized care
Our Social Services Director, Tia, can be contacted at (815)772-5516. She can assist with questions regarding billing policies and admissions. We do accept most insurance plans, as well as Medicare.