A Critical Access Hospital providing immediate life improving medical services. The mission of Morrison Community Hospital is to improve the health of the residents of the hospital district and the surrounding area, focusing on personalized care.
At all times and to the fullest extent possible, personalized care and the welfare of the patient will be major factors in the determination of the activities, services, and direction of Morrison Community Hospital.
The first emergency health measures in Morrison, Illinois were organized by the Women’s League in a residence they owned at the corner of Lincolnway and Genesee Street. In 1930, Dr. W. J. Maurits opened an office on the first floor at 219 East Main Street, with the hospital operating on the second floor. This was so successful that on June 10, 1942 (after donations and bond issues), the Morrison City Hospital was opened on North Jackson Street, providing 16 beds for patients.
By 1954, the hospital had expanded to 32 beds and became Morrison Community Hospital. In 1974, the hospital embarked in a $3 million expansion, increasing the bed capacity to 84 beds. Currently, there are 25 beds serving both its acute and skilled care population. Today, Morrison Community Hospital provides medical, surgical and emergency services. The hospital has its own radiology, pharmacy and laboratory departments.
The Family Care Clinic has more than 16,000 visits annually. It was first renovated in 2007 to meet the community’s need for walk-in and general clinic services. Its growing demand necessitated a second renovation to an expanded location on the first floor, which was completed in May 2016.
Morrison Community Hospital is proud to state that they have a Board Certified Endocrinologist in the Specialty Clinic who serves patients with diabetic or thyroid conditions. Also, the clinic includes services such as gastroenterology, rheumatology, cardiology, dermatology, neurology, podiatry, psychiatric, and behavioral counseling.
Rehabilitation services including physical, occupational, speech and massage therapy which are available in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
The hospital is governed by a 9-member Board of Directors and a CEO/ Administrator. Area residents volunteer by serving in the Morrison Community Hospital Auxiliary, and the proceeds generated from their efforts are used to purchase items for the hospital, and to provide scholarships for students that will be pursuing their college education in the health field. Morrison Community Hospital District has achieved public recognition for providing quality patient care in a personalized manner.