Dr. Osmaan Khawaja has over 13 years experience with major surgeries including thyroidectomy, bowel obstruction surgery, scar revision surgery, pilonidal cyst removal, pacemaker battery change, Vagal nerve stimulator implantation, diagnostic laparoscopy, exploratory surgery, anoscopy, appendectomy, wound debridement, skin grafts and many others.
Morrison Community Hospital also offers a diverse range of minor surgical procedures, representing a broad array of specialties. Some of these services include endoscopic/GI, otolaryngology, ophthalmology, and podiatry. We now offer NEW state-of-the-art surgical equipment in our newly renovated surgical suites and the latest technology, techniques and high level of expertise from endoscopes to video systems.
In line with the mission of Morrison Community Hospital, we seek to improve the health of residents in our community and surrounding areas by focusing on personalized care. We are committed to our patients. We will continually upgrade to the newest equipment and stay abreast of breakthrough treatments and techniques so we can provide you optimal care faster, in a comfortable atmosphere.
Outpatient surgery may also be called same-day surgery or ambulatory surgery. Patients arrive at the hospital, have surgery, recover and go home the same day.
Outpatient surgery has many advantages.
- Convenience- of recovering in your home makes recovery time quicker and easier
- Lower Cost- there are no hospital room charges so therefore costs are lower
- Reduced Stress- this is very true for children who are afraid of being away from home and prefer to recover in their own home
- Scheduling is More Predictable- an outpatient setting can generally stay within a set schedule since procedures are more simple and more routine
A common minimally invasive procedure, laparoscopic surgery reduces patient discomfort because the surgeon uses several small incisions rather than traditional large ones. Through these “keyhole” incisions, a surgeon inserts slender tubes containing small instruments and cameras for viewing the procedure on a video monitor.
GI Endoscopy/ Colonoscopy
Dr. James Olney, General Surgeon, performs Colonoscopies and Endoscopies on patients suffering from a variety of gastrointestinal conditions. The endoscopy procedure allows a physician to examine the lining of the digestive system through the use of a lighted instrument called an endoscope. is an exam used to detect changes or abnormalities in the large intestine (colon) and rectum. During a colonoscopy, a long, flexible tube (colonoscope) is inserted into the rectum. A tiny video camera at the tip of the tube allows the doctor to view the inside of the entire colon. These outpatient minimally invasive procedures are performed using monitoring equipment available to provide highly accurate screening and diagnosis for patients.
Dr. David Yeager, Board Certified Podiatric Surgeon is one of a few surgeons in the State of Illinois that is qualified to perform total ankle implants. His procedures use the most current technology available to help relieve pain associated with foot deformities and improve function of the foot and ankle (such as hammertoe correction and bunionectomy).
Ophthalmic services are available for patients. Cataract surgery is the most common ophthalmic procedure performed at Morrison Community Hospital. We also offer the Yag Laser for secondary cataract removal.
Dr. Mathew Mathew specializes in sterilization procedures. He also treats kidney, bladder, and prostate problems.
Why Choose Us?
- We will offer simple/minor surgical procedures to patients with the comfort of staying close to home.
- We offer physicians representing a broad array of specialties
- Brand new state of the art equipment
- Passionate and caring staff
- Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Department is closed on weekends and holidays
- Nursing care is available on a 24 hour basis within the hospital
- For appointments or consultations call 815-772-5511