In order to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, and staff we have added a mobile screening office. This mobile unit will be easily identifiable and is located in the back of the facility. We are asking all patients to call 815-772-5511 between the hours of 8:00AM – 5:00PM Monday through Sunday. A healthcare provider will screen patients over the phone and make recommendations based upon the phone screening. If you do not call prior to arriving, we cannot guarantee your wait times. Patients that have called and scheduled an appointment will be given first priority.
All other clinic patients will continue to use the front entrance and a member of our hospital team will be conducting a standardized screening process.
Pam Pfister, CEO, stated, “The mobile unit was added as part of our ongoing efforts to protect our community and patients. Morrison Community Hospital continues to serve our patients with safeguards that include:”
- Screening all employees for symptoms before they begin their work day. They are taking their temperatures twice a day and immediately upon arrival before they interact with patients.
- We are pre-screening all patients for COVID 19 symptoms prior to surgery and/or procedure.
- All surgical patients will be tested for COVID 19 within 72 hours of surgery.
- Environmental services has been and will continue to perform rigorous disinfecting measures.
- Visitor and vendor restrictions will continue to be enforced.
- Universal Masking will be mandatory for all staff, visitors, and patients this includes anyone over the age of two. We are encouraging all visitors and patients to use their own masks.
- Waiting room distancing – waiting room distancing has been arranged to ensure social distancing. When applicable, patients may be asked to wait in their cars.
- All surgical patients will be met at the door by a surgical nurse and the patients temperature will be taken before registering. Family members will be asked to wait in their cars. The OR staff will keep in contact with the family member providing updates via cell phones. Patients under the age of 18 will be allowed one family member and/or guardian to accompany them. Individuals requiring a wheelchair for ambulating will also be allowed one person to accompany them as well.
We want to thank our patients and community members for assisting us in keeping our communities healthy. Both our primary and specialty clinics will continue to use telehealth options when appropriate. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 815-772-4003.