Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse
Reports To: Clinic Director
Job Type: PRN
Varied - PRN
Participates in nursing process by functioning within the framework of the LPN licensure. He/she has knowledge of and adheres to all policies and procedures including but not limited to, life safety, hazardous waste, administrative, infection control, nursing, and human resources. Attends a minimum of 50% of job specific unit meetings. Completes all mandatory education requirements including skill validation. Ages served are newborn to geriatric.
- Reports to the physician or physician extender, any unusual interactions, responses, or behaviors with visitors/family that may indicate abuse and any changes in behavior, mentation or physical ability.
- Obtains, monitors, accurately records, and reports vital signs, weight, patients clinical history, and reason for visit.
- Communicates with patients on an age appropriate level
- Recognizes and meets the needs of special needs patients, physicians, visitors, and facility staff.
- Respects the right of all patients to privacy, courtesy, and respect
- Functions as a team member
- Demonstrates an understanding of life safety and emergency preparedness
- Participates in all mandatory and other job specific educational offerings.
- Participates in development of Rural Health Policies and Procedures.
- Accurately administers oral, IM, and Subcutaneous medications
- Documents relevant patient information in the medical record.
- Protects and respects PHI of patients through utilization of HIPAA practices.
- Demonstrates excellent phone etiquette and communication skills
- Provides a safe work environment by identifying and reporting any safety hazards found throughout the facility.
- Accurately receives documents, interprets, and notes, physician orders.
- Demonstrates competency in skills verified by Skills Check List.
- Other duties as needed and assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Must consider the cost of supplies with a focus on conservation of resources when caring for patients. Actions of nursing directly affect expenses such as time management. Documentation must support supplies, medications, and equipment used as well as treatments completed.
- Must maintain knowledge of equipment and continuously learn new technology. Must be able to recognize malfunctioning equipment, remove it from service, report it and facilitate its return to service.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of MCH.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations (Rural Health Care regulations).
- Active registration for Licensed Practical Nurse – Board of Nursing, State of Illinois.
- Experience preferred.
- Must be BLS certified
- Must have competent computer skills
- Must be able to communicate with patients, visitors, physicians, and staff with various levels of education, background, comprehension, and ability to see and hear.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.