Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Reports To: Clinic Director
Job Type: Full Time
72 Per Pay Period
The R.N. assumes responsibility/accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the environment, and other health care team members. Ages served range from pediatric to geriatric.
- Responsible for planning, assessing, intervening, co-coordinating and providing direct patient care by utilizing critical thinking skills.
- Communicates with physicians, ancillary caregivers, patients and families regarding the patient’s plan of care.
- Communicates with patients on an age appropriate level.
- Recognizes and meets the needs of special needs patients, physicians, visitors, and facility staff.
- Performs assessments including physical, psychosocial, nutritional, functional, safety, spiritual, cultural, and educational needs.
- Completes supporting documentation for supplies, medications, labs, charges, and equipment used.
- Documents patient/resident care/assessment data on the appropriate nursing record including but not limited to: vital signs, resident status, treatments, education provided, assessment data, and effectiveness of administration.
- Demonstrates competency in skills verified by Skills Check List.
- Demonstrates patient/resident and associate safety issues by regular and proper use of patient/resident lifts and other equipment provided by MCH.
- Follows policy for use of lifting equipment and gait belts to lift and transfer.
- Reviews various test results and takes appropriate actions.
- Makes nursing decisions regarding patient status and immediate care needs.
- Accurately reconciles and administers all medications.
- Functions as unit secretary in his/her absence
- Provides patient and family education and makes referrals to other agencies.
- Demonstrates compassion, empathy, and respect to all customers.
- Coordinates and directs the activities of clinical and non-clinical associates in providing care.
- Makes patient care assignment appropriately based on individual abilities, patient acuity and resources available.
- Considers the cost of supplies with the delivery of care for each patient.
- Attends a minimum of 50% of unit meetings offered and completes all mandatory educational requirements including skill validation.
- Participates in Unit based Quality Improvements Projects and routine Quality and Environmental monitoring.
- Maintains unit specific competencies and participates in review of the high-risk/ low-frequency competencies.
- Identifies opportunities to improve patient care and utilize evidence-based resources to optimize nursing practice.
- Maintains knowledge of equipment and continuously learns new technology and is able to trouble shoot equipment, report malfunctioning equipment and ensure its repair and return to service
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behaviors.
- Active registration for Registered Nurse – Board of Nursing, State of Illinois.
- Must be BLS certified. ACLS for emergency room duties (if applicable).
- Experience preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.