Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: Radiology Tech
Reports To: Director of Radiology
Job Type: Part Time
The Radiology Technologist assumes responsibility/accountability for individual patients for a designated timeframe and provides care to these patients for diagnostic purpose. The Radiology Technologist can examine any human body part for use in the diagnosis of medical problems. Ages served range from newborn to geriatric.
1. Assists physicians or radiologists in specialized procedures.
2. Communicates with physicians, nursing units, ancillary caregivers, patients and families regarding the patient’s diagnostic plan of care.
3. Provides patient, family and nursing units’ education on diagnostic testing.
4. Utilizes critical thinking in daily and emergent assessment of proper exam protocol.
5. Examines any human body part for use in the diagnosis of medical problems.
6. Demonstrates compassion, empathy and respect to customers and co-workers.
7. Observes safety precautions when handling patients, for producing clear radiographs in order to facilitate treatment.
8. Uses protective devices necessary to shield patient as well as technician and non-related personnel.
9. Demonstrates the proper placement of radiation safety badge on one self.
10. Completes documentation accurately and thoroughly per Radiology Department protocols.
11. Assists physician(s) and/or radiologist(s) in specialized procedures.
12. Follows sterile technique and can assist in monitoring HR/BP if necessary during these procedures.
13. Follows the appropriate procedure for placing orders/charges on specimen from these specialized procedures.
14. Assesses each patient for proper exam prep (if applicable) and appropriateness of each exam ordered.
15. Follows exam protocols that have been set in place for the Radiology Department.
16. Demonstrates patient and employee safety issues by regular and proper use of patient lifts and other transfer equipment provided by the hospital.
17. Follows policy for use of lifting equipment and gait belts to lift and transfer patients.
18. Considers the cost of supplies with the delivery of care for each patient.
19. Participates in Unit based Quality Improvements Projects and routine Quality and Environmental monitoring.
20. Maintains unit specific competencies and participates in review of the high-risk/ low-frequency competencies.
21. Maintains knowledge of equipment and continuously learns new technology and is able to trouble shoot equipment, report malfunctioning equipment and ensure its repair and return to service.
22. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital
23. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
1. Active American Registered Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
2. Active IEMA Department of Nuclear Safety license.
3. Previous experience preferred.
4. Must be CPR certified.
5. Must complete annual continuing education requirements as required by IEMA..
6. Working weekend, holiday, and rotating shifts as well as on-call is required.
7. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
8. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
9. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission and vision, goals, and values of Trinity Health.