Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: DIETARY AIDE- PART TIME
Reports To: DIETARY DIRECTOR
Job Type: Part Time
3:30 PM-7:30 PM 2 days per week. Perfect for a student or someone looking for a part-time job
Prepares and serves all meals for patients/residents according to prescribed diets, adhering to state and federal regulations. Facilitates meal preparation using a variety of menus for patient/resident, staff and retail operations. Responsible for assisting with patient/resident care by providing food appropriate for each individual diet. Cleans assigned areas.
- Maintains a clean working environment adhering to state and federal regulations.
- Accurately prepares food using standardized recipes.
- Minimizes food cost waste and spoilage.
- Demonstrates proper use, care and maintenance of all food preparation equipment ie. stoves, fryers, grills, steam ovens, toasters, blenders, grinders, and other major pieces of equipment.
- Performs dishwashing duties, wash pots and pans and clean work areas including floor care.
- Puts away stock following safety guidelines.
- Operates cash register, following proper cash procedures.
- Maintains accurate, balanced change bank when working cafeteria.
- Assists with patient care by providing food appropriate to each individual’s diet.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behaviors.
- High school education or equivalent is preferred.
- Current sanitation certification for the state of Illinois Dept. of Public Health or obtained within 3 months of hire.
- Practical experience in healthcare setting is desired.
- One-year of experience is preferred.
- Must be able to calculate and prepare diets accurately from standardized recipes for patients/residents and staff.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.