Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Operating Room
Job Title: Operating Room Manager
Reports To: Chief Nursing Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include operating room, PACU, sterile processing and anesthesia services. This position is a working manager position.
1. Promotes the mission, vision and values of Morrison Community Hospital.
2. Creates and conveys the mission and vision of OR services with the assistance of the management team.
3. Oversees management of OR services operationally and fiscally.
4. Verifies that OR personnel provide safe and effective patient-centered care.
5. Assists OR personnel in evaluating practice and creating strategies for further improvement.
6. Verifies that educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holds personnel accountable for compliance with established standards.
7. Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within OR services and the organization.
8. Demonstrates effective communication, consultation, negotiation, and collaboration skills with members of the perioperative team and other stakeholders.
9. Collects and analyzes data related to quality or performance improvement projects that apply to OR services.
10. Uses effective conflict resolution techniques.
11. Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning OR patient care.
12. Evaluates OR personnel performance.
13. Interviews and selects OR personnel.
14. Assists OR personnel in verifying that appropriate personnel, equipment, and supplies are available.
15. Verifies departmental compliance with organizational policies and procedures and regulatory and accreditation standards.
16. Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to OR personnel team members and other team members as appropriate.
17. Exhibits professionalism, interpersonal, and communication skills.
18. Pursues professional growth and participates in a professional organization.
19. Practices advanced project management principles.
20. Assesses and responds appropriately to organizational culture.
21. Pursues professional growth by sharing knowledge, attending, and being involved in professional organizations.
22. Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
24. Reviews and implements department policies.
25. Works in collaboration with the Clinic Manager
1. Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
2. Currently licensed to practice nursing in the State of Illinois.
3. Current Basic Life Support Certification.
4. Minimum of five years OR services experience or nursing management experience.