Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: Nurse Practitioner
Reports To: Clinic Director
Job Type: Full Time
8:00am-6:00pm 4 days/week, every 3rd weekend
The Staff Family Nurse Practitioner is responsible for primary care, focusing on wellness promotion and illness prevention of the patient. Ages served range from adolescent to geriatric.
CLINICAL: The scope of practice of an advanced practice nurse includes, but is not limited to, each of
- Ensures patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Act
- Performs all procedures on Nurse Practitioner skills list, and any new procedures under the direction of the supervising physician.
- Advanced nursing patient assessment and diagnosis.
- Ordering diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures, performing those test and procedures when using health care equipment, and interpreting and using the results of diagnostic and therapeutic tests and procedures ordered by the advanced practice nurse or another health care professional.
- Ordering treatments, ordering or applying appropriate medical devices, and using nursing, medical, therapeutic, and corrective measures to treat illness and improve health status.
- Providing palliative and end-of-life care.
- Providing advanced counseling, patient education, health education, and patient advocacy.
- Prescriptive authority as defined in Section 65-40 of the Act. The APN may only prescribe and
dispense controlled substances that the collaborating physician has defined.
- Delegating selected nursing activities or tasks to a licensed practical nurse, a registered
professional nurse, or other personnel. (Section 65-30 of the Act)
- Performs all procedures on Nurse Practitioner skills list, and any new procedures under the
direction of the supervising physician.
LICENSURE: Currently licensed in the State of Illinois as a Registered Nurse Practitioner. ACLS certified.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum 1-3 years preferred.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Graduate of accredited school of nursing having received a Master’s Degree as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner. Shall complete all continuing education requirements in accordance with the Advanced Nursing Practice Act.
Must have general knowledge of Electronic Medical Record systems.
Sound leadership abilities and ability to work under stressful situations. Good oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate with patients, physicians, staff, families, outside media and ancillary personnel in a positive manner. Must sign a collaborative agreement with collaborating physician.