Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: Housekeeper
Reports To: Maintenance Director
Job Type: Full Time
2PM - 10:30PM Monday - Friday (Weekends rotated)
Cleans client rooms, nursing units, special care units, surgical services, clinical, nursing stations, lounges, lavatories, bathrooms, offices, and all other areas assigned in accordance with maintaining a clean, infection controlled environment. Ages served range from newborn to adult.
- Uses the correct cleaning chemicals for the surface being cleaned in order to prevent permanent damage to all fixtures and equipment utilizing appropriate PPE.
- Handles any patients’ valuables or health system property which must be moved in order to clean any area with caution.
- Responsible for resident’s laundry.
- Assists with patient care as needed.
- Understands and performs unit specific or special cleaning procedures.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Housekeeping experience is preferred.
- Basic reading, writing and mathematics normally acquired through an elementary level of education is required in order to measure and prepare cleaning compounds, read directions, and apply cleaning chemicals in a safe manner.
- Must have manual dexterity.
- Must clean isolation areas.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.