Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: Housekeeper
Reports To: Director of Maintenance
Job Type: Full Time
Cleans client rooms, nursing units, special care units, surgical services, clinical, nursing stations, lounges, lavatories, bathrooms, offices, and all other areas assigned in accordance with maintaining a clean, infection controlled environment. Ages served range from newborn to adult.
1. Uses the correct cleaning chemicals for the surface being cleaned in order to prevent permanent damage to all fixtures and equipment utilizing appropriate PPE.
2. Handles any patients’ valuables or health system property which must be moved in order to clean any area with caution.
3. Responsible for resident’s laundry.
4. Assists with patient care as needed.
5. Understands and performs unit specific or special cleaning procedures.
6. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
7. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
1. Housekeeping experience is preferred.
2. Basic reading, writing and mathematics normally acquired through an elementary level of education is required in order to measure and prepare cleaning compounds, read directions, and apply cleaning chemicals in a safe manner.
3. Must have manual dexterity.
4. Must clean isolation areas.
5. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
6. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.