Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: Family Practice Physician- Rural Health Clinic
Reports To: CEO
Job Type: Full Time
Full time position with a competitive salary and benefits.
Morrison Family Care Clinic is a comprehensive busy family practice office that sees patients from birth to geriatrics, no obstetrics. The schedule is Monday – Friday with no call. In house lab and radiology services are provided. Our growing specialty services complement internal referral resources
The physician is academically and clinically prepared to provide health care services as a qualified and licensed physician. This includes performing diagnostic, therapeutic, preventive and health maintenance services in any setting in which the physician renders care, focused on application of the physician’s particular knowledge and skills.
- TECHNICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE/CLINICAL: Demonstrates competence in the skills, (processes, procedures, and equipment) necessary to carry out assigned duties as identified below. Demonstrated competence in recognizing and responding to patients physical, mental, emotional and developmental needs should be evaluated in relation to the patient populations served as appropriate for each responsibility.
Principle duties and responsibilities:
- Obtains medical histories.
- Performs physical exams and record normal and abnormal findings. Initiate treatment program for patients, order appropriate therapy, and treatments.
- Orders appropriate lab and diagnostic procedures.
- Interprets and integrates findings to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic plans.
- Prescribes appropriate medications allowed by state law, administer injections.
- Triage patients within the office and per phone calls.
- Keep medical record information up to date.
- Performs technical medical procedures.
- Sutures minor lacerations.
- Provides patient education and counseling/instructing and counseling patient regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, or other areas, such as normal growth and development, family planning or general health maintenance.
- Provides preventive health treatment.
- Facilitates referrals to other physicians or support services where appropriate.
- Provides quality medical care.
- Assist with supervision and oversight of nursing in area of specific support services for patient care delivery.
- Applies for and obtains staff privileges.
- Will be available to participate in providing continuity of care including hospital in-patient management.
- Attends internal and external meetings, workshops, and conferences, and participates on task forces or committees, as necessary and/or required.
- DEMONSTRATION OF VALUES:
- Performs work with a standard of high quality, which adheres to business, professional and social ethics.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety of all patients, visitors, employees and responds appropriately to emergency situations.
- Exhibits knowledge and behavior of quality improvement processes.
- Fosters open communication through clear expression and receptive listening.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and insight regarding the perceptions and reactions of others.
- Stimulates and facilitates change.
- Supports change once decisions are made.
- Performs other duties consistent with position and qualifications.
- Projects an image that demonstrates respect and compassion to others, both verbally and non-verbally.
- Initiates friendly greetings, responds with a smile and needed assistance.
- Offers no breach of confidentiality regarding patient employee information.
- Refrains from participation in rumors or gossip.
- Deals with others in an open and honest manner, fostering a climate of mutual trust and respect.
- Follows through on commitments to others.
- Positively contributes to group or committee activities for the mutual benefit of all involved.
- Actively seeks new opportunities to gain experience, expand horizons and develop proficiencies.
- Responds appropriately and in a timely manner to the requests of patients, families, physicians, peers and others.
- Evaluates and improves services to ensure they are consumer oriented and provides a positive, values based environment.
- Sees others as customers and demonstrates a sincere interest and desire to achieve total customer satisfaction.
- Takes ownership. Responds to our customers even when it is “not your job”.
- Demonstrates initiative in constructive use of time. Completes tasks and assignments in a timely manner.
- Works harmoniously with others.
- Collaborates with others to achieve and department goals.
- Able to act independently when necessary.
- Participates constructively in group and team processes.
- Supports and encourages the efforts of others in group and team processes.
- Addresses concerns or conflict situations with others in a constructive and positive manner.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
- Must be in possession of a valid medical license to practice medicine in the State of Illinois.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of medicine and allied services commensurate with his/her training.
- Board eligibility in Illinois; board certification is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, clinic personnel and physicians.
- Requirement to maintain strict confidentiality of Clinic information.
- Ability to work under stress.
- Willingness to work overtime and/or weekends as needed.
- Willingness to follow rules and procedures.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.