Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: EMG Tech
Reports To: Director of Family Care Clinic
Job Type: Part Time
The EMG Technician performs nerve conduction studies on all patients referred. The EMG Technician will be able to perform exams based on patient history and proceed with completion of the exam based on patient response and any abnormalities seen on exam.
- Performs general and specialized EMG and NCS procedures.
- Provide excellent patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy.
- Operating, troubleshooting, and ensuring equipment is performing effectively and efficiently. Report failure to Manager.
- Prepare written and electronic reports including workload activity and charges.
- Ensures accuracy of exam results.
- Participate in research, safety and quality programs and activities.
- Maintain safe and clean environment for staff and patients.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Communicates with physicians, nursing units, ancillary caregivers, patients and families regarding the patient’s diagnostic plan of care.
- Utilizes critical thinking in daily and emergent assessment of proper exam protocol.
- Demonstrates compassion, empathy and respect to customers and co-workers.
- Observes safety precautions when handling patients, for producing clear radiographs in order to facilitate treatment.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent experience as a certified EMG Technician.
- Minimum 3 years experience as a certified EMG Technician; hospital setting preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of EMG setup.
- Knowledge and experience of performing NCS (upper and lower limb nerve conduction studies).
- EEG and EVP experience is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work accurately and multi-task under stressful conditions.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and teaching others.
- Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills.
- Ability to organize work and set priorities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective computer skills (Email, Microsoft Word, PHS).
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission and vision, goals, and values of Morrison Community Hospital.