Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Emergency Medical Services
Job Title: Director of Emergency Medical Services/Ambulance
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Job Type: Full Time
The Director of Emergency Medical Services is responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating the EMS department in its daily operations and Disaster Preparedness activities for Morrison Community Hospital. Ages served range from newborn to geriatric. Oversees the clinical education services by coordinating the program as directed by Chief Nursing Officer and approved by Chief of Staff.
- Oversees the orientation of new staff, assigns and reviews work, maintains work standards, evaluates performance of staff, and approves leave requests.
- Ensures adequate coverage on shift by finding replacements for openings due to leave, illness, resignation, etc., or by serving as a shift member as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility and command of EMS operations at multiple patient incidents.
- Monitors patient care for adherence to established medical standard of care and SMO’s.
- Investigates all complaints, grievances, infractions of department and hospital policy or standards; carries out or reports recommends corrective disciplinary action to Chief Nursing Officer or Human Resources as necessary.
- Assists with patient care as needed or requested.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer in preparation of annual departmental budget.
- Maintains records and reports for all EMS activities; prepares monthly and annual EMS statistical reports and reports these findings to the Hospital Administration and OSFNIEMS.
- Reviews leave records.
- Oversees development of comprehensive training programs covering specialty or other assigned areas; coordinates, facilitates or conducts clinical and EMS
- Maintains adequate EMS supplies; provides units with supplies as needed.
- Inspects EMS equipment and apparatus including training materials; identifies need for repairs; coordinates vehicle maintenance and repair with vendors; may assign maintenance and housekeeping tasks related to EMS equipment and materials.
- Coordinates recovery of EMS equipment left at area hospitals.
- Ensures that staff receives necessary training; Oversees arrangements for annual C.P.R. recertification and monthly EMS in-service training for EMS
- Coordinates the operation of EMS activities throughout the County.
- Performs work safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental safety procedures.
- Operates equipment safely and reports any unsafe work condition or practice.
- Performs related work as required.
High school diploma or equivalent; certification as a EMT-(Paramedic); three years experience as Paramedic; ACLS, BCLS, PHTLS or ITLS, and PALS or PEPP certification required. Valid driver’s license. Management training and / or experience. Must complete NIMS ICS-100, ICS-200, ICS-300, ICS-700 and ICS-800