Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: Cook
Reports To: Dietary Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Prepares and serves all meals for patients/residents according to prescribed diets, adhering to state and federal regulations. Facilitates meal preparation using a variety of menus for patient/resident, staff and retail operations. Responsible for assisting with patient/resident care by providing food appropriate for each individual diet. Cleans assigned areas.
1. Maintains a clean working environment adhering to state and federal regulations.
2. Accurately prepares food using standardized recipes.
3. Minimizes food cost waste and spoilage.
4. Demonstrates proper use, care and maintenance of all food preparation equipment ie. stoves, fryers, grills, steam ovens, toasters, blenders, grinders, and other major pieces of equipment.
5. Performs dishwashing duties, wash pots and pans and clean work areas including floor care.
6. Puts away stock following safety guidelines.
7. Operates cash register, following proper cash procedures.
8. Maintains accurate, balanced change bank when working cafeteria.
9. Assists with patient care by providing food appropriate to each individual’s diet.
10. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
11. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations as well as other policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behaviors.
1. High school education or equivalent is preferred.
2. Current sanitation certification for the state of Illinois Dept. of Public Health or obtained within 3 months of hire.
3. Practical experience in healthcare setting is desired.
4. One-year of experience is preferred.
5. Must be able to calculate and prepare diets accurately from standardized recipes for patients/residents and staff.
6. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
7. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.