Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: CNA/CMA/Reception
Reports To: Family Care Clinic Director
Job Type: Full Time
8:00-5:00 with some weekends
We are seeking a compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-centered CMA/CNA/Receptionist for a full time position in our Family Care Clinic. The ideal candidate must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work a variety of days on an as-needed basis. This position performs reception, clerical, and secretarial duties while functioning as the focal communication source in the work station. Works closely with management, staff, families, physicians, other employees and visitors. Assists to maintain the department in a constant state of readiness while maintaining an adequately stocked, well organized and clean department. Assists nurses in providing the best care for our patients.
- Managing office telephone systems, including answering calls and returning messages
- Scheduling patient appointments and maintaining communication to confirm future appointments.
- Documenting patients’ medical information, including medical history and health insurance information
- Performing data entry tasks to document patient records within facility databases and maintaining patient files
- Coordinating daily office activities, greeting patients and checking patients in and out for their appointments
- Recording patients’ vital signs, documenting providers’ notes and changes in medical conditions
- Taking tissue and fluid samples and sending them in for laboratory analysis
- Prepping exam rooms for clinical procedures and assisting practitioners with patient care
- Assisting providers during routine checkups, outpatient procedures and other physical exams
- Monitoring and documenting patient symptoms for providers’ review during clinical exams
- Providing compassionate patient support and care, attention and assistance during office visits.
CMA or CNA license