Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Operating Room
Job Title: Certified Surgical Tech.
Reports To: Operating Room Director
Job Type: Full Time
The Certified Surgical Technician functions in the scrub role and assists in the provision of care for the surgical patient during the intraoperative phase, doing so as a delegated technical function, under the direct supervision of the perioperative RN. The Certified Surgical Technician performs scrub duties as assigned.
Ages served are pediatric to adult.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and skill in sterile technique, sterilization, instrumentation, and the surgical procedure.
2. Communicates with physicians, ancillary caregivers and co-workers regarding the procedural plan of care.
3. Performs scrub duties as assigned.
4. Reports charges for items used during procedure.
5. Demonstrates the proper use, care, application, and sterilization of specific surgical instruments and equipment.
6. Maintains knowledge of equipment and continuously learns new technology and is able to trouble shoot equipment, report malfunctioning equipment and ensure its repair and return to service.
7. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of Morrison Community Hospital.
8. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
1. Certification required within 1 year of hire or LPN or MA with relative experience.
2. Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technician program.
3. Must be BLS certified
4. Experience preferred.
5. Knowledge of Standard Precautions for exposure to Blood Borne Pathogens.
6. Must possess excellent manual dexterity and demonstrate organizational and communication skills and be able to anticipate the needs of the surgeon.
7. Must maintain confidentiality, demonstrate compassion, empathy, and respect for all customers.
8. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
9. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
10. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.