Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Operating Room
Job Title: Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Reports To: OR Director
Job Type: PRN
The Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) is a professional practitioner who shares in the responsibility of providing anesthesia services in the Operating Room.
1. Assisting in the maintenance of anesthesia supplies and equipment.
2. Assisting in the continuing Quality Improvement activities including data collection, reporting, trending, compliance, department review, interventions and problem solving.
3. Performing and documenting a pre-anesthesia assessment and evaluation of the patient.
4. Developing and implementing an anesthetic plan according to established policies and procedures based on the surgeon’s request and the patients individual needs and desires.
5. Administrating general, spinal, epidural, local, other regional, and MAC anesthesia an analgesia as required.
6. Administrating the adjuvant and accessory drugs and fluids necessary to manage anesthetic.
7. Selecting, applying, and inserting appropriate non-invasive monitoring modalities for continuous evaluation of the patient’s physical status.
8. Maintaining accurate anesthesia record documenting pertinent information including patient condition, physical status, anesthesia agents, drugs, IV fluids administered, techniques, monitors used, vital functions, procedures, adverse reactions, and other pertinent information.
9. Making post-anesthesia evaluations, documenting the presence or absence of post anesthesia complications or complaints and vital functions.
10. Assisting in the establishment of standards and developing written policies and procedures.
11. Responding whenever possible and practical to requests for assistance with “medical emergency” calls or other emergencies within the hospital.
12. Participating in the hospital in-service education program.
13. Consults with the OR Manager regarding capital purchases, equipment maintenance, and other clinical and administrative matters.
14. Works with Pharmacy department in maintaining the needed supply of anesthetic agents and other medications.
15. Works closely with the operating surgeon and attending physician in the preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative care of the patients.
16. Maintains a close working relationship with operating room team members to insure proper continuity of care.
17. Promotes and displays a professional verbal and non-verbal demeanor.
18. Promotes positive relations with other members of the health care team.
19. Complies with safety policies and procedures. Reports safety hazards and initiates action.
20. Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings.
1. Graduate from an approved school of nursing and holds current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
2. Graduate from a nurse anesthesia education program accredited by the AANA.
3. Successfully completed the certification examination administered by the AANA.
4. Comply with all continued education criteria for biennial recertification as defined by the AANA Council of Recertification of Nurse Anesthesia.
5. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
6. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.