Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Physical Therapy
Job Title: COTA
Reports To: Director of Rehabilitation
Job Type: PRN
Varied - PRN
Responsible to the Director of Rehabilitation Services and/or the designated Site Leader to assist the occupational therapist with the administration of a medically prescribed occupational therapy program for assigned patient/clients. Functions under the direct supervision of the occupational therapist responsible for a specific patient’s/client’s care. Assumes responsibility and accountability for providing occupational therapy modalities and treatment procedures as determined by a treatment plan of care established by a occupational therapist and in accordance with established facility and departmental policies and procedures while maintaining the highest degrees of quality care. The age of patients served ranges from pediatrics to geriatrics.
- Works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards of professional occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork
- May be assigned to orient staff and students
- Participates in performance improvement and program development activities, which includes providing input into the budgetary planning process, contributing to cost effectiveness of services, and maintaining positive relations with all customers.
- Participates in special department/clinic functions as assigned by the team leader or director.
- Submits accurate charges for service provided.
- Considers cost and necessity of supplies with the delivery of care for each patient.
- Achieves productivity targets
- Responsible for safe use and care of all therapy and office equipment used.
- Maintain knowledge of equipment and report malfunctioning equipment.
- Supports and conduct one’s self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission Morrison Community Hospital.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations and Hospital policies and procedures in order to ensure adherence in a manner that reflects honest, ethical, and professional behaviors.
- Current licensure, registration and/or certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant for the State of Illinois.
- Must be a graduate of a professional training program approved by AOTA.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission and vision, goals, and values of Morrison Community Hospital.