Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: Certified Nurse Aide
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Job Type: Full Time
The nurse assistant assists the R.N. with provision of direct patient care and other non-nursing duties. The age of patients served range from pediatric to adult.
1. Assists patients with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, and oral care.
2. Distributes and retrieves food trays.
3. Feeds or assists with feeding those patients unable to unwilling to feed themselves.
4. Obtains, monitors, accurately records and reports vital signs, intake and output, weight, and nutrition intake.
5. Observes patients for any changes in behavior, mentation or physical ability.
6. Reports to the primary care RN or LPN, any unusual interactions with visitors/ family than my indicate abuse.
7. Orders and maintains medical supplies used for nursing unit.
8. Demonstrates skills competency as verified by Skills Check List.
9. Communicates with patients on an age appropriate level.
10. Floats to all acute, Swing-Bed rooms, ER as assigned.
11. Recognizes and meets the needs of special needs patients.
12. Uses universal precautions at all times and demonstrates knowledge of infection control practices.
13. Respects the right of all patients to privacy, courtesy, and respect.
14. Demonstrates an understanding of life safety and emergency preparedness.
15. Participates in all mandatory and other job specific educational offerings.
16. Answers call lights.
17. Functions as a team member.
18. Provides a safe work environment by identifying and reporting any safety hazards found throughout the facility.
19. Adheres to all policies and procedures including but not limited to life safety, hazardous waste, administrative, infection control, OSHA, nursing, and human resources
20. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission MCH.
21. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
1. Certified Nurse Aide, verification of certification from the State of Illinois.
2. High school graduate or equivalent.
3. Must be able to work concurrently on a variant of tasks in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
4. Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change.
5. Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
6. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
7. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.