Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Family Care Clinic
Job Title: Certified Medical Aide/Receptionist
Reports To: Clinic Director
Job Type: Full Time
Days Monday through Friday
Maintains front office by serving as general receptionist and clerical person. Maintains patient and visitor flow, triaging phone calls and handling messages. May have contact with patients aged newborn to geriatric. Assists nursing staff as needed.
- Managing office telephone systems, including answering calls and returning messages.
- Scheduling patient appointments and maintaining communication to confirm future appointments.
- Documenting patients’ medical information, including medical history and health insurance information
- Performing data entry tasks to document patient records within facility databases and maintaining patient files
- Coordinating daily office activities, greeting patients and checking patients in and out for their appointments
- Recording patients’ vital signs, documenting providers’ notes and changes in medical conditions
- Taking tissue and fluid samples and sending them in for laboratory analysis
- Prepping exam rooms for clinical procedures and assisting practitioners with patient care
- Assisting providers during routine checkups, outpatient procedures and other physical exams
- Monitoring and documenting patient symptoms for provider’s review during clinical exams
- Providing compassionate patient support and care, attention and assistance during office visits
- Maintains logs as directed
- Serves as an information center by directing traffic flow at the nurse’s station for charts, patients, staff, visitors, and location of physicians and other departments
- Orders and maintains inventory of forms and supplies used for the nursing station
- Nurse Aide Certification active in the State of Illinois, or Certified Medical Assistant.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Medical billing/insurance experience preferred
- Experience in an ambulatory care setting as a receptionist preferred
- Must display proper telephone etiquette
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment
- Must have good communication and diplomacy skills
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring