Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Job Title: Certified Nurse Aide
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Job Type: Full Time
The nurse assistant assists the R.N. with provision of direct patient care and other non-nursing duties. The age of patients served range from pediatric to adult.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, personal hygiene, and oral care.
- Distributes and retrieves food trays.
- Feeds or assists with feeding those patients unable to unwilling to feed themselves.
- Obtains, monitors, accurately records and reports vital signs, intake and output, weight, and nutrition intake.
- Observes patients for any changes in behavior, mentation or physical ability.
- Reports to the primary care RN or LPN, any unusual interactions with visitors/ family than my indicate abuse.
- Orders and maintains medical supplies used for nursing unit.
- Demonstrates skills competency as verified by Skills Check List.
- Communicates with patients on an age appropriate level.
- Floats to all acute, Swing-Bed rooms, ER as assigned.
- Recognizes and meets the needs of special needs patients.
- Uses universal precautions at all times and demonstrates knowledge of infection control practices.
- Respects the right of all patients to privacy, courtesy, and respect.
- Demonstrates an understanding of life safety and emergency preparedness.
- Participates in all mandatory and other job specific educational offerings.
- Answers call lights.
- Functions as a team member.
- Provides a safe work environment by identifying and reporting any safety hazards found throughout the facility.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures including but not limited to life safety, hazardous waste, administrative, infection control, OSHA, nursing, and human resources
- Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission MCH.
- Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
- Certified Nurse Aide, verification of certification from the State of Illinois.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must be able to work concurrently on a variant of tasks in an environment that may be stressful with individuals having diverse personalities and work styles.
- Must be able to set and organize own work priorities, and adapt to them as they change.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills in a Windows environment.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.