Morrison Community Hospital
303 North Jackson Street
Morrison IL 61270
Department: Specialty Care Clinic
Job Title: Certified Medical Assistant - ENT
Reports To: Clinic Director
Job Type: Full Time
Under the general direction of a physician, prepares patient for exam or procedure. Communicates effectively with clients and clinic staff with regard to education, treatment and client concerns. Schedules all tests and surgeries. Ages served range from newborn to geriatric.
1. Prepares patient for any procedures and assists with the procedures/treatments as needed and within the scope of their experience and licensure.
2. Obtains, monitors, accurately records, and reports vital signs, height and weight, patients clinical history, and reason for visit.
3. Provides age specific education/information to patient and family members.
4. Assists with procedures when necessary, including surgical preparation and set-up.
5. Gives injection requested by physician.
6. Prepares, administers, and records medications in accordance with the scope of license and under the supervision of the physician.
7. Obtains pre-certification from patient’s insurance company for procedures as directed.
8. Schedules tests, procedures and admissions outside the Clinic as directed by the physician.
9. Maintains log of pharmaceutical drug samples.
10. Cleans and stocks patient exam rooms throughout the day.
11. Cleans patient exam rooms, lab areas, and utility room thoroughly at the end of each day.
12. Cleans, sterilizes, and restocks instruments and supplies.
13. Answers patient questions as necessary and appropriate.
14. Provides follow-up and returns patient calls. Mails letters with test results to patients when unable to reach by phone.
15. Maintains inventory of medical supplies.
16. Orders patient care supplies and drug samples.
17. Demonstrates competency in skills verified by Skills Check List.
18. Demonstrates and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of MCH.
19. Maintains a working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and Local laws and regulations.
1. Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program.
2. CMA, currently certified in the State of Illinois.
3. Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
4. Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity, and caring.