About the Auxiliary
The Morrison Community Hospital Auxiliary was officially organized on September 27th, 1956. By 1973, the auxiliary had grown to 385 members and the “Pink Ladies” had recorded 2,072 hours of helping and assisting the hospital and patients.
- Rose Committee – Made roses for every patient, bibs for new babies, and made stuffed animals for every child patient.
- Bandage Committee – Made operating pads, gauze,sponges, and surgical dressings.
- Sewing Committee – Mended sheets and made wrappers for the surgical department.
The Auxiliary Today
The Morrison Community Hospital Auxiliary is a vital part of the hospitals growth. The auxiliary board meets monthly and discusses current activities and future projects. Recent projects that the auxiliary has contributed to:
- A new sun room for Four Seasons Center with patio furniture
- Automatic Doors
- Kitchen items including plates, bowls, deep fryer, heating lamps, beverage dispensers, tumblers, dinner trays and bowls.
- Redecorate hospice room
- Purchase a weight scale to allow those in wheelchairs to be weighed
- New wheelchairs and maintenance cart
- New surgical beds
- Recliners for patient visitors in our medical surgical floor
In addition, in the last fourteen years the Auxiliary has raised funds through special events to award 52 students pursuing careers in healthcare scholarships in the amount of $26,000.
Each year the Auxiliary sponsors fundraising events including a Scrub Sale, Vendor Sale, Book/Collectibles Sale, and a Treasure (garage type sale in lobby) and Bake Sale. The Auxiliary has also hosted an annual Tea complete with special guests and entertainment. In the past the auxiliary has also hosted a golf outing to raise funds. The special events are open to the public. Every dollar raised is used for scholarships and to purchase items for the hospital from each department wish list.
Why Become a Member?
As a member of the Morrison Community Hospital Auxiliary, you will benefit from new friendships and a feeling of self reward. You can help raise money for the hospital or local students. It only costs an annual membership fee of $5 to maintain membership status. Please contact President Karen Price by email to request information: firstname.lastname@example.org